Betta frat house

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Well, I haven't introduced you all to my (not really) new HM betta, Thebus.

He's a gorgeous pastel blue, with small patches of pink/red at the base of his analfin.

Thebus joined the family about 2 months ago, and is in his own 6G planted tank on the kitchen bench.

I am off to visit an ameteur breeder tonight, who has red, red/green or red/blue delta tails. Not sure yet if I will get another one or not, it will depend if a betta chooses me!

If I do get one, I have another 6G ready to go. I have a sponge filter for it, and a heater (water already heating :happy0034, but I am down an airpump to run the filter (which has been seeding for a while in my other tanks). I am thinking I want to divide the new 6G, and leave it bare bottom. That way I can get another betta without any dramas. Well, aside from the drama I will have with my husband over where to put yet ANOTHER fish tank that he expressly told me I wasn't allowed to have...

Wish me luck!
I will have to get some good pics of Thebus for you all - he's a beauty!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Good luck with the new and not so new betta!
Don't forget the pics!

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Well, I am officially in trouble! :whistling:

I came home from work with THREE new bettas! ops:

I got a red and blue male, and two lovely ladies. Everyone is still a little stressed, so I'll take pics tomorrow night. They are all still very young, and the girls were still with their spawn mates. Only the larger males were separated, so my girls are a bit battered.

More updates tomorrow night, and pics too, I promise Lucy!

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hubby took his camera to a Buck's weekend, so I had to make do with the phone camera. So forgive the (poor) quality!

My new boy was in his new tank for just on 24hrs when he blew me a bubble nest! I guess he approves of his new home... lol!

Turns out I am pretty sure he is a spade tail, not delta. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts. Veil just doesn't seem quite right to me...

I haven't got any pics of my little ladies yet, as they are in the quarantine tank until I can get the other two betta tanks divided. The tank is acrylic, and very scratched, so pictures are a waste of time.

Enough rambling - here is my new boy! I think his name will be Lucifer...

Attachments

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Some fresh pics for you all.

Lucifer is a sly, frisky boy, and lasted a whole of 2 hours with the temporary divider before finding his way into the lady's side 3 times in a matter of minutes. I picked up the divider frames today so I can repair his divider and reintroduce the lady to him.

Enjoy the new pics!

Attachments

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They look great! I love the makeshift divider
Thanks! I followed Shawnie's sticky on how to divide betta tanks; though supplies in Australia are quite a lot more expensive than the States!

Beautiful bettas Bubbly!

Ken
thanks Ken! I'm quite enamoured with them! Took me quite a while to take the plunge with bettas, but they sure grew on me quick...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom