5 Gallon Tank Betta food

FishRule4208

My girl Primrose is so sweet. She is friendly with other fish too. What other things could i feed her for treats? She has some betta pellets and sometimes has a few bloodworms. What else could i feed her? Also are algae tablets safe for her to snack on?
31CC449E-72E7-4035-B98C-8BBCEFBBCB99.jpegimage.jpg

PaprikaFish

Primrose is so cute! Her purple is very nice :p Have you tried frozen or live food?

It appears you shop at PetSmart (at least that's where the TopFin pellets are from) and my location has frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. Feeding these as a treat a couple times a week will make your betta love you :) Also, the brine shrimp provide roughage, which will encourage intestinal movements (bettas are prone to constipation).

I've had experience with the TopFin pellets, and they have a lot of fillers that are bad for bettas and will cause constipation or bloating. If you are able to, consider switching to Omega One Betta Buffet pellets or New Life Spectrum betta pellets. Many betta keepers like and recommend these, myself included :D

FishRule4208

PaprikaFish said:
Primrose is so cute! Her purple is very nice :p Have you tried frozen or live food?

It appears you shop at PetSmart (at least that's where the TopFin pellets are from) and my location has frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. Feeding these as a treat a couple times a week will make your betta love you :) Also, the brine shrimp provide roughage, which will encourage intestinal movements (bettas are prone to constipation).

I've had experience with the TopFin pellets, and they have a lot of fillers that are bad for bettas and will cause constipation or bloating. If you are able to, consider switching to Omega One Betta Buffet pellets or New Life Spectrum betta pellets. Many betta keepers like and recommend these, myself included :D
She eats frozen thawed bloodworms. She loves them!! She also eats freeze dried bloodworms, freeze dried daphnia and freeze dried mysis. What are some better brands of betta food that i can find at my local stores?

FishRule4208

When we first got Primrose, she was plain pink and white. Then she got more purple on the spoke things on her fins then got navy blue scales. It has been fun to watch her grow

TheWhiteOpalReiichi

FishRule4208 said:
My girl Primrose is so sweet. She is friendly with other fish too. What other things could i feed her for treats? She has some betta pellets and sometimes has a few bloodworms. What else could i feed her? Also are algae tablets safe for her to snack on?
FishRule4208 said:
Hi! When I went to the pet store I got an ALL white betta fish. After feeding him omega one betta Buffett pellets after a week his true colors came in. Now he’s a pink and black fish

Attachments

Top Bottom