Betta Food

Smith

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I got a rose petal betta male 2 weeks back and he seems to be happy in his new tank ( he is in a 4 gallon tank). He always exploring the tank and playing hide n seek in the cave ( lol it seems so for me).
And now my qeuestion is what can I feed him ! He seems so picky. I tried betta pellets and he is spitting it, then I gave him top fin fish flakes and that too he is tasting and spitting. (And the my lfs told me while buying him, he is 6 months old. ). Then I tried the API mini pellets iam feeding to my guppies. He seems to be happy and happily eating that. And now I am feeding him 6-8 pellets 2 times a day . But I felt like he may not only needed that food for good nutrition so took advise from my lfs expert and got Omega one betta treat blood worms. But seems that he don't want that too .more of that what I felt is he is scared of that soaked blood worm I gave him. He tried 2-3 times to peck it and running away from it. And after that while swimming I feel like he is trying to avoid come near to that.
I tried to break it and give. He is not coming near at all. But if iam giving that mini pellets he is jumping on that and looking at me for more
So please somebody give me some suggestions to feed him. And the water parameters are perfect too in his tank

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Some bettas just hate some foods. Out of my ten bettas only 7 of them eat bloodworms. I have many differnt foods to. You should try some frozen foods they love them, i will find a photo of my foods.

Smith

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the reply. It will be helpfull for me if you can post the photos. As I am new to this hobby

Smith

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks Canadian fish fan. I will try to get some of those

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Smith said:
Thanks Canadian fish fan. I will try to get some of hose
Id defiantly try the frozen foods, even sick bettas cant resit seeing them wriggle down and they chase after them.

Smith

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok. Thanks . Today itself I will get the frozen food

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I always recommend a mix. I've found that all too often, bettas get bored of a certain kind of food. I mix Hikari Bio-Gold (good for nutrients and color), some aquaponics pellets (for more nutrition), and Aqueon pellets (those are most of their favorite, but they aren't very nutrient-rich). I'm getting in some big tubs of a bunch more brands, so my babies should never get bored of their food!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom