Betta food question

BettasAreSuperior

So, I was going to get a new betta and was wondering (with blood worms and I have 1 betta so this is my second and I know a lot about betta care) which primary food I should get. Here is the options or any other betta foods you guys have luck with? You may have to copy and paste these links.

option one- https://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Pro-Foods-Betta-Formula/dp/B07YP93BW4/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1EJDG29DDMIY4&dchild=1&keywords=aqueon+pro+betta+pellet&qid=1600484805&sprefix=aqueon+pro+betta,aps,274&sr=8-1

Option two-https://www.amazon.com/Hikari-Usa-AHK19110-Biogold-0-70-Ounce/dp/B00025Z74C/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=betta+biogold&qid=1600484913&sr=8-4

option three-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064FWIWS/ref=twister_B00ZK0A9P6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

option 4-https://www.amazon.com/Omega-Betta-Buffet-Pellets-Food/dp/B01DFT93TG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=omega%2Bone%2Bbetta%2Bpellet&qid=1600485023&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-1&th=1

option 5-https://www.amazon.com/Hikari-Tropical-Semi-Floating-Pellets-0-77-Ounce/dp/B004PBB5TK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=hikari+micro+pellet&qid=1600485156&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-1

Fisch

I guess it all depends on the taste of your Betta. Trial and error is the secret:cool:

BettasAreSuperior

Fisch said:
I guess it all depends on the taste of your Betta. Trial and error is the secret:cool:
:emoji_thumbsup:

Cinnabar

I’ve been extremely lucky that all my fishes are gluttons and eat everything I throw at them. However, I’ve heard a lot of good things about Hikari and Omeaga One foods. If I were to go on ingredients and nutrition, Fluval Bug Bites is fantastic. It’s specifically formulated for insectivore fishes (bettas included)

BettasAreSuperior

WhatsUpGuys said:
I’ve been extremely lucky that all my fishes are gluttons and eat everything I throw at them. However, I’ve heard a lot of good things about Hikari and Omeaga One foods. If I were to go on ingredients and nutrition, Fluval Bug Bites is fantastic. It’s specifically formulated for insectivore fishes (bettas included)
lol. Yeah, I saw majority of omega one foods and boy oh boy they are good quality. I thought fluval bug bites are sinking and quite small so they're not ideal for most betta fish. i wish all bettas weren't picky eaters.

emilymg

In my opinion option 5 looks best because of the high protein ingredients like krill meal. Hikari has always been a trustworthy brand for me. I second fluval bug bites betta formula, but in the end whichever of those foods your betta will eat would work great :).

Fisch

You are lucky...I wish my Betta would be like that. I change food I for variety. Who wants to eat the same food their life long.
Like we eat crappy fast food at times, the fish can do as well, as long as they enjoy it. Everything in moderation

BettasAreSuperior

Also, has anybody had luck with Xtreme krill flakes and bettas

emilymg

bettaandcorylover said:
Also, has anybody had luck with Xtreme krill flakes and bettas
I've heard that the Xtreme betta pellet diet is really good. Lots of high protein ingredients. I haven't tried it myself but I definitely would. Not sure about the flakes though, I would have to look into it.

Sputnik

Fisch said:
And variety! I use several types and brands of pellets and frozen foods.

faywayway

If you want a primary food source, I would recommend Fluval Bug Bites or Omega One betta pellets. Since variety is key, you could even get both which is what I plan on doing. Both brands have all natural and healthy ingredients, and do not have fish meal as an ingredient, which isn't very nutritious. I personally also keep a large variety of frozen foods like bloodworms, mysis shrimp, and brine shrimp in my freezer. If getting tons of stuff like that isn't in your budget, and you already have bloodworms, you can ignore that. Like I said though, I would have to recommend the bug bites and Omega One products :)

Cinnabar

bettaandcorylover said:
lol. Yeah, I saw majority of omega one foods and boy oh boy they are good quality. I thought fluval bug bites are sinking and quite small so they're not ideal for most betta fish. i wish all bettas weren't picky eaters.
Bug bites has a betta formula. Plus, smaller is better! They’ll spit out the food if it’s too large for them to swallow in one gulp.

ValkyrieLips

I personally feed the Nutrafin s/m cichlid bug bites as my staple, and frozen brine and/or bloodworms on the weekends. I prefer the s/m cichlid formula because I found the betta one to be too small, almost like specs of food instead of granules. My betta has no problems with the larger pieces as I soak them well before feeding and break them apart if necessary. He's also fully grown so he can handle it, but if you're getting a juvenile then go with the bug bites with smaller sized pieces.

BettasAreSuperior

Yeah I saw the omega one betta pellet ingredients and they are quite good. Are the pellets too big? Also, I am feeding my current betta option 5 but it has A TON of fillers.

Fisch

emilymg said:
In my opinion option 5 looks best because of the high protein ingredients like krill meal. Hikari has always been a trustworthy brand for me. I second fluval bug bites betta formula, but in the end whichever of those foods your betta will eat would work great :).
What worries me a bit about Hikari that they have lots of grains starting after the fish meal.

Betta'sAnonymous

My primaries for my bettas are the Omega One Betta Buffet pellets and the flake form of the Bug Bites. Throw in blood worms for a treat as well as mysis shrimp. Have some other Omega One pellets as well for tropical fish that i give my bettas on occasion. I will have to look-the ingredient list may be the exact same as the Betta Buffet pellets lol! I just know there is a lot of fish in both of them. The platies like thise on occasion too.

BettasAreSuperior

Uhhhh...you guys I just did some research on omega one betta buffet pellets and I think I'm gonna pass. Omega one contains BHA and BHT. This is the primary cause of tumors. Here is the article I found

https://www.reddit.com/r/bettafish/comments/b0b3uz

BettasAreSuperior

So, since it causes tumors I think I am just going with hikari micro pellets. I already feed it to my betta

Luvbebes

Bettas in my case is like the dog breed of the water . My betta Thor eats fluval bug bites from the surface , then will scavenge the bottom for some fluval shrimp food and fluval bottom feeder
So he gets to buffet of food

BettasAreSuperior

Luvbebes said:
Bettas in my case is like the dog breed of the water . My betta Thor eats fluval bug bites from the surface , then will scavenge the bottom for some fluval shrimp food and fluval bottom feeder
So he gets to buffet of food
Bettas are so cuteeee like the little water puppies they are...*ahem*. Lol. He's a lucky betta

Top Bottom