Betta Flaring At His Reflection?

madelyn anne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello!

Today, I became a fish mum to a little Betta named Ferguson.

He is in a Fluval Spec 5 Gallon all to himself.

He's constantly seeing his reflection in the rear facing glass. And constantly flaring.
I mean, I only put him in the tank about an hour ago, but he's been doing it off/on the entire time.

Is this something that he'll figure out? Like, will he be "Chill, Ferg. It's just your reflection. I'm still the prettiest fish in the tank."

or...do I need to do something about it? Like, maybe put some paper against that back glass to see if that helps any?

Thanks!

AllieSten

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi there. So his behavior is perfectly normal. I would turn the lights off for the night, give him some time to chill. It may take a couple of days before he settles down. So try not to worry.

Congrats on your new fish!

madelyn anne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
8385d9d7eb07bb4c6593a27f69167060.jpg

This is little Ferguson. I just had to share him because I think he's an absolute cutie pants.

madelyn anne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AllieSten said:
Hi there. So his behavior is perfectly normal. I would turn the lights off for the night, give him some time to chill. It may take a couple of days before he settles down. So try not to worry.

Congrats on your new fish!

Okay, awesome. Thank you! Hopefully he'll figure out there's nothing to worry about and he's got a very safe happy home.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom