Betta Flaring A Lot

w_johnson07

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Whenever I walk into the room my betta is in he always flares up at the glass towards me is this normal because I know flaring too much for a betta can cause stress, I want to make sure it is okay

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He's acknowledging your existance and is hoping you will acknowledge his. Some betta are very social like that.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine does it all the time. Mostly when he sees me or food. Every time he stops swimming, his tail and other fins flare out almost completely. I wouldn't worry about it. It just shows he's happy and healthy.

w_johnson07

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dch48 said:
Mine does it all the time. Mostly when he sees me or food. Every time he stops swimming, his tail and other fins flare out almost completely. I wouldn't worry about it. It just shows he's happy and healthy.
Got it! I walked in and realized my light was off and as I soon as I turned it on he swam away and started swimming around again!

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i wouldnt worry some bettas will flare a lot. my old betta would literally flare at everything and everyone outside of his tank....especially people or my cats and yet he wouldnt flare at the shrimp and snails in the tank XD

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom