betta fish

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by harish, Jul 22, 2015.

1. h

harish New Member Member

My male betta builts bubble nest,but they not strong and easily dissolves what can I do for that.

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to Fishlore :)
    Some Bettas build very impressive bubble nests, others only blow a few bubbles & some never build any, as long as he looks healthy & is acting normally I wouldn't worry

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Hi and welcome to Fish Lore!!!! So good to have you here! :D

Yeah, sadly, those beautiful bubble nests do seem to dissolve fairly quickly. Tmk, not much you can do for that.

4. Nympxzie

Nympxzie Valued Member Member

It helps if you have floating plants in your tank that they can stick their nest to.

5. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

Dry air and the motion from the filter will weaken a nest too. I wouldn't concern yourself with it, the majority of bettas do not blow bubblenests without a female around.

6. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

My betta used to make bubble nests before but now he just kinda hangs out by the heater...

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Mine builds 2-3 a week, lol. They're pretty sturdy too. I'm thinking it just depends on the betta, i wouldn't worry about it personally. Unless you're breeding him the bubble nests don't really serve a purpose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice