10 Gallon Tank Betta fish with ember tetras

Hobbyist

In a 9.2g tank can I put a female betta with lets say 8-9 or even 10 ember tetras? Would that be overstocked or stressful for the betta fish to live with such high numbers of fish? Also there would be some amano and cherry shrimps.
Tank is well to heavily planted

Ghelfaire

The cherry shrimp would be in danger.

kansas

Any time you put other fish with a betta, there's a chance it going to kill it's tankmates.

StarGirl

Having a 9g tank myself that would be too many fish.

Hobbyist

Any time you put other fish with a betta, there's a chance it going to kill it's tankmates.
I read somewhere that when you put a large number of fish (that doesn’t look like betta fish) the betta won’t be able to target one and hunt it, so what do you think?
Having a 9g tank myself that would be too many fish.
Ok understandable, thanks for advising

kansas

I've never had anything but snails with my betta. I've read too many accounts of people who did, and at some point the betta attacked the other fish.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, I know it's hard to stock a small tank. Good luck with whatever you decide to do,

StarGirl

Agree on the snails. My bettas have always attacked shrimp a lot, most of anything besides other Bettas. My Nerites have all been safe with them. Can't say the same for pest snails though. :oops:

Hobbyist

I've never had anything but snails with my betta. I've read too many accounts of people who did, and at some point the betta attacked the other fish.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, I know it's hard to stock a small tank. Good luck with whatever you decide to do,
Actually if the betta would prefer to be lonely I would happily keep it alone, I was just wondering if I could her with some fish :)
Agree on the snails. My bettas have always attacked shrimp a lot, most of anything besides other Bettas. My Nerites have all been safe with them. Can't say the same for pest snails though. :oops:
About the pest snails, my betta actually flairs at the pest snail in her tank, and I saw her nipping him until he fell on the substrate

Fisch

Lucky you!!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Hobbyist
  • Question
Replies
Views
RayClem
  • Question
Replies