Betta Fish White On Central Fins

AtlasApollo98

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello,

I just recently purchased a betta and added him to a 10 gallon tank which I have safely divided so he could share it with the already existing betta. I have been watching him swim and there is some sort of white colored line or something on his ventral fins. I have attached a few photos for reference, any ideas? I do have some melafix currently running in the tank due to what looks like some tears on his top fin (dorsal?) I’m still learning the terminology. The white things are somewhat shiny, like a Bettas scales so I’m unsure of what they are and worried.

Attachments

Repolie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
There's nothing wrong with that. That's just his natural colouration and perfectly normal. White tipped ventral fins are common among bettas.

OP
AtlasApollo98

AtlasApollo98

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Repolie said:
There's nothing wrong with that. That's just his natural colouration and perfectly normal. White tipped ventral fins are common among bettas.
That’s wonderful, thank you, I started googling and everything went right to parasites and I got worried. I’ve never had one as nice as him. Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

New Threads