Betta Fish Torn Tail

Jodi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I woke up today to find my betta with two tears in his fins. He is in a 37 gallon tank thats cycled, amd has a heater and filter,. i have various decorations, a spongebob pineapple house, silk plants, one plastic, etc, before i got him i rubbed pantyhose along them and they never caught so I figured they were fine. I’ve had him for two months and, obviously, this is the first time I’ve had this kind of problem. How can i help him and prevent this?

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Does he have any tank mates?
With clean water the fins will grow again, no need to do anything but to find where/why he made the tears to prevent it from happening again.

Jodi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Does he have any tank mates?
With clean water the fins will grow again, no need to do anything but to find where/why he made the tears to prevent it from happening again.
He doesn’t have any tank mates

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It doesn’t look like tail biting.

Maybe it could have been the plastic plant. The betta may have brushed up against it too hard. I would use a tissue instead of pantyhose for the next sharpness test.

It doesn’t look too bad though which is a good thing. Clean water should help your betta get back to health!

Jodi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It doesn’t look like tail biting.

Maybe it could have been the plastic plant. The betta may have brushed up against it too hard. I would use a tissue instead of pantyhose for the next sharpness test.

It doesn’t look too bad though which is a good thing. Clean water should help your betta get back to health!
Okay thank you so much. I only have one plastic plant, the rest are silk, would you recommend me taking it out?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom