Betta Fish That Doesn’t Like Its Whisper Filter

Tqila

Reaction score
I have a Betta in a 5 gallon tank which is heated and has a whisper filter in it. The whisper filter absolutely stresses the fish out. When I turn the filter off he is much more calm. I would like to find an alternative filter that may not be so stressful for the little dude. Any suggestions?

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tqila said:
I have a Betta in a 5 gallon tank which is heated and has a whisper filter in it. The whisper filter absolutely stresses the fish out. When I turn the filter off he is much more calm. I would like to find an alternative filter that may not be so stressful for the little dude. Any suggestions?
The whisper flow might simply have too strong of an output so you could search up a new filter with a flow output that you can adjust or get a sponge filter cover that would slow the water.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello
I recommend using a sponge filter, or an internal filter that is small enough to not cause a strong output flow.
My favorite filters are the Aqueon Internals, they work perfectly!

Here's the one I use on my 5 gallon.

I also recommend using a sponge filter for the corner of a tank, those are super low flow but still offer good filtration.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom