Betta fish pH

nrp14

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is it safe for betta fish to be in an aquarium with a pH of 6.6 or does it need to be raised?

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
nrp14 said:
Is it safe for betta fish to be in an aquarium with a pH of 6.6 or does it need to be raised?
I think it should be ok, it’s pretty low but bettas can adapt to my very high ph (8.2) so I think they’ll adapt to yours :)
I’m not sure if you’re new to fishkeeping but if you aren’t than you could consider a wild betta? Your pH is perfect for them :)

Repolie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Bettas are adaptable and as long as it stays consistent, it's perfectly fine.

OP
nrp14

nrp14

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jkkgron2 said:
I think it should be ok, it’s pretty low but bettas can adapt to my very high ph (8.2) so I think they’ll adapt to yours :)
I’m not sure if you’re new to fishkeeping but if you aren’t than you could consider a wild betta? Your pH is perfect for them :)
I already have the betta fish I’m just upgrading her to a 10 gallon aquarium :) I’ve been waiting for the aquarium to cycle and it is finally done and the only thing “wrong” is the lower pH. Thanks!

SilverLake

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A slow acclimation period and they should be fine, out of curiosity, what are the levels in the one they're coming out of?

OP
nrp14

nrp14

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
SilverLake said:
A slow acclimation period and they should be fine, out of curiosity, what are the levels in the one they're coming out of?
Around 7.4 which is why I’m worried about putting her in there without raising the pH

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
nrp14 said:
Around 7.4 which is why I’m worried about putting her in there without raising the pH
Try doing daily 10% water changes for a week Or until you move her to acclimate her to the pH.

OP
nrp14

nrp14

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
SilverLake said:
Out of curiosity, do you know what could be bringing the PH of the new tank down that far?
Not really sure. There is so driftwood one there and a lot of plants.

New Threads