Betta fish or Sparkling gouramis?

HakeyrKelly

So I've been flip flopping between the idea of a betta or SG, would on Edo you prefer? Please give reasons below. Help me make my final decision! If I was to do a betta I may get a few chilli rasboras or another small fish, or just leave it to the betta. Thanks!

jkkgron2

Well Known
I prefer bettas because they tend to have a lot of personality. They also are hardier, easier to find, and come in a variety of colors.

zaydmusa

HakeyrKelly said:
So I've been flip flopping between the idea of a betta or SG, would on Edo you prefer? Please give reasons below. Help me make my final decision! If I was to do a betta I may get a few chilli rasboras or another small fish, or just leave it to the betta. Thanks!
I love bettas but I would personally get the gouramis since you can have multiple.

jkkgron2

Well Known
Sparkling gouramis are a great option too! The only issue I can think of is it’s hard to tell males and females apart- and you don’t want to end up with multiple males.

Basil

Well Known
I also thought about a betta for my 10 g. But the bedroom is quiet and not really occupied that much so I worried about a betta having enough interaction. That’s why I’ve decided on sparklers. :)
Plus, I think they are really cool little fish.

Alwaysbina

HakeyrKelly said:
Sorry this is late but I personally like bettas because of all the colors and types and also cause I’m kind of a beginner but if I remember Gouramis need to have some buddy’s

New Threads