Betta Fish Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by bettas&cories, Apr 15, 2018.

1. bettas&cories

bettas&cories New Member Member

My brother has a 10 gallon tank with a betta fish and 2 cories. Water test showed no ammonia or nitrites. The betta fish is sometimes near the surface on his side and sometimes resting on the bottom breathing heavy. The cories were added last Monday. They get along pretty well. They pretty much ignore one another. He hasn't been fed since yesterday afternoon, so probably not sbd. No signs of dropsy. Does anyone have suggestions of what could be wrong?

2. Milliemae124

Milliemae124 Valued Member Member

corries prefer to be in larger groups of about 4+. How old is the betta?

3. OP
    OP
    bettas&cories

We just got the new cories planning on adding more.:) Not sure of betta's age, he was full grown when we bought him. We have had him for a month and a half.

4. Milliemae124

Maybe you could look at getting a betta hammock so your betta can rest neat the surface. My old betta used to stay near the bottom until I bought one and he always used to rest on it :)

5. OP
    OP
    bettas&cories

We have one he never used it. He is not acting like himself. We are trying to figure out what is wrong.:)

6. Milliemae124

could you possibly post a picture of him?

7. OP
    OP
    bettas&cories

Right now he's kinda got a sideways tilt to him

Attached Files:

8. Milliemae124

Hmm, I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with him. You could try fasting him for 2-3 days and then feeding him a deshelled pea to see if that helps :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice