Betta Fish Heater?

pin3c0ne

Hello!

I recently got a beautiful veiltail betta fish, about 5 days ago. I live in Queensland, Australia where we are going into winter. It's quite cold in the mornings and nights but gets relatively warm during the days. I have a heater that heats the tank to 26 degrees Celsius at all times. Should I be leaving this on always now?

The tank right now is 22 degrees celsius (71 degrees fahrenheit), which I know is too cold for the betta! The temperature is going to get to approximately 26 degrees celsius today (78.8 f), so my question is: Should I put the heater on now? Do I leave it on all day, or turn it off during the day?

Leonfish1234

i would set it to around 78 degrees and leave it on all the time as the tank reaches 78 degrees the heaters built in thermostat will turn it off then when the tank starts to cool down the heater will come back on automatic so personal i would leave it on 24/7

Noroomforshoe

Aquarium heaters will turn themselves od and off to keep the temperature in the water the same temperature all day and all night and with the seasons. Tropical fish need the temperature to be stable, and you need to have a realiable heater to keep the temp stable, and it must be on all the time. well except for when you do water changes. make sure that the heater stays under water in the remaining water that is in the tank when you do water changes. if you remove the heater suddenly from the water while it is still on , it can brake.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• nikosantri28
  • Heater
Replies
Views
angelfishguppie
  • newbietetra
  • Heater
Replies
Views
newbietetra
Replies