Betta Fish Fins Regrowing ?

jhughban

Reaction score
Hi all.
I’m new here and just wanted to confirm with you all that my Betta, Vlad, is healing. I’m slightly worried. It may be irrational but I just don’t want him to get sick or hurt.
He was fine and happy and with my danios (kaz, Tamryn, Nikolai, and Aleksei.) in the 5 gallon for about 2 weeks. I cleaned the tank and the next morning the danios had taken bites out of his tail (Im looking at you Kaz )
Needless to say, I moved him immediately.
I have Vlad alone in a 5g tank. The danios are now in a ten. Everyone seems much happier. Class tank: Temp is about 78-80 (it fluctuates when the suns hitting it and warming it up). I do 30% water changes every week, and will be getting a small filter for him soon. (The filter that came with the tank was too strong of a current for him to swim in. He would just lay at the bottom of the tank.)
I think he’s healing, as I can see clear edges on the tips of his tail, but I’m also worried.
Pictures will be below. Sorry if there not good. I tried my best.
Thanks to anyone who will respond!!

IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG

jhughban

Reaction score
Thank you! I love it so far!
Do you think that everything else sounded fine? Like with his tank

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah if you want you could keep danios in 10g and add a mystery snail or other fish/animal to the 5g with betta. So danios won’t bully him anymore

jhughban

Reaction score
Hi everyone thanks for all the help. Just thought you all may want a little update on Vlad. Other than still being a drama queen, he’s doing great.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom