Betta fish dying

erinw347

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello. So unfortunately, my betta is bloated and I think developed into dropsy. I have tried feeding a pea, salt baths, medication, and nothing has really worked. I’ve accepted his fate and wondering what’s the best way to make him comfortable as possible until he goes.

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That's sad to have to except the fate of someone else even if it is just a fish. :(
Sorry about him.

Sunflower

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Very sorry about this. You can keep his water nice and warm, plenty of soft things to lay on, and lower the water level so he doesn’t have to work so hard to get a breath of air.

Finlikesfish

Reaction score
My condolences. I respect how much it sounds like you tried your best to help your fish, I’m sure that they lived an excellent life in your care. Best wishes

OP
erinw347

erinw347

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Finlikesfish said:
Hi there, are you going okay? How are you?
I’m good, my betta past awhile back. I’m actually ready to get another one and plan on picking one up on Sunday.

Finlikesfish

Reaction score
I’m very sorry for your loss, I respect how much it sounds like you tried your best for your little guy. You did your best for him and sometimes there is nothing else you can do. Hopefully you narrowed down the cause of the problem (if that was possible, sometimes it is not). I am sure he lived a wonderful life in your care. My condolences, hope you are doing ok. ❤

That is very exciting news, that you are getting a new fishy friend! Feel free to update us, but no pressure.
Best wishes!

New Threads