Betta fish changing color

sphealtime

Hello! I've had my black orchid Betta for a couple months now and I was watching him today and in the light I saw some of his stomach scales and fin scales turn to a red color. His fins have changed colors before from a more clear white to a blue but I just wanna make sure it's not fun rot and just his genes changing his color, here are some before and after pics.
After:

IMG_20211220_165817218.jpg
Before:

IMG_20211009_152708392.jpg
Before y'all ask, water is good the nitrogen cycle is doing it's thing, temp is at 76, and he's in the cup in the after pic cause I have him quarantine. The tank is a 5 gallon tall with alot of plants and hiding spaces. I've done my best for the little dude and I just wanna make sure he's okay.

Ghelfaire

Black bettas rarely stay 100% black. The fin colour changing is fine but the tail does look at bit ratty (unless that's just the angle).
The best cure for fin rot is pristine water. If keep the water in perfect condition it'll start to grow back pretty quickly.

sphealtime

Black bettas rarely stay 100% black. The fin colour changing is fine but the tail does look at bit ratty (unless that's just the angle).
The best cure for fin rot is pristine water. If keep the water in perfect condition it'll start to grow back pretty quickly.
Thank you! And yea it's the angle, his back fins are not completely blue they do still have that white you see in the before pic so if it doesn't have good lighting they look ratty and my desk being black doesn't help.

Rose of Sharon

He's very beautiful! It will be interesting to see what his final color(s) turn out to be!!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
NightCrow
Replies
Views
nikm128
Replies
Views
e_watson09
Replies