Betta Fish Bump

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Bettas&Loaches, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Bettas&Loaches

Bettas&LoachesValued MemberMember

Hi! I have a betta fish in a 20 gallon tank with a gentle filter. I have had him for two years now. I was just wondering if he is ok. He is a little less active than when i first got him, but he swims around often. He does not hesitate to rush to the top for food. The thing i was wondering about is that he has a slight bump on his right side. It has been there for a while now, almost three months. No raised scales or anything. I have never noticed him lying sideways. Just once when he was in the roots of a plant (he was kind of stuck there). He looks and acts fine, but i just wanted to have your opinion on that.

2. KimberlyG

KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

We'd have to see the bump but he sounds fine. Just aging like some of us. (It stinks)

3. Nanologist

NanologistWell Known MemberMember

I think a picture will be most helpful at helping everyone determine what it may be. I know it's tough to get them to pose for the camera though!

4. OP
    OP
    Bettas&Loaches

Bettas&LoachesValued MemberMember

He seems to be getting a bit fatter around the belly, but he is the most active he has ever been! I couldn't take a picture, but i will try again soon.

By the way, has a name. I call him Alpha.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice