Betta Fish Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bettas&Loaches

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi! I have a betta fish in a 20 gallon tank with a gentle filter. I have had him for two years now. I was just wondering if he is ok. He is a little less active than when i first got him, but he swims around often. He does not hesitate to rush to the top for food. The thing i was wondering about is that he has a slight bump on his right side. It has been there for a while now, almost three months. No raised scales or anything. I have never noticed him lying sideways. Just once when he was in the roots of a plant (he was kind of stuck there). He looks and acts fine, but i just wanted to have your opinion on that.

Nanologist

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi! I have a betta fish in a 20 gallon tank with a gentle filter. I have had him for two years now. I was just wondering if he is ok. He is a little less active than when i first got him, but he swims around often. He does not hesitate to rush to the top for food. The thing i was wondering about is that he has a slight bump on his right side. It has been there for a while now, almost three months. No raised scales or anything. I have never noticed him lying sideways. Just once when he was in the roots of a plant (he was kind of stuck there). He looks and acts fine, but i just wanted to have your opinion on that.
I think a picture will be most helpful at helping everyone determine what it may be. I know it's tough to get them to pose for the camera though!

OP
Bettas&Loaches

Bettas&Loaches

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He seems to be getting a bit fatter around the belly, but he is the most active he has ever been! I couldn't take a picture, but i will try again soon.

By the way, has a name. I call him Alpha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 14 17.9%

Top Bottom