betta fins turn white than black

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by lollipopkiller, Aug 4, 2014.

1. lollipopkiller

lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

ok so a serious of mistakes have lead up to this. first off i had moved a betta into a tank that had guppies in it prior and i took 75% of the water out and changed it beofre adding him. secondly i added a divider and a plaket male betta to the same tank and the plaket jumped the divider even with it an inch above the water and tore my new boys tail to pieces. now its healing up with i think is why its whiteish clear but due to my absence on vacation and an over feeding by little sisteri came back to his tail turning black. i did a small water change and gravel back but his tail isnt healing anymore. i think he has fin rot so i changed 3 out of 10 gallons from his ten gallon tank where he is now the only fish. is there anything else i can do with out harming the plants or biofilter? and will his beautiful spade tail ever grow back properly?

2. OP
    OP
    lollipopkiller

omg its that nasty little bug that my guppies had and exploded with my bettas are internally bleeding to death and expanding like ballons :( what do i do???? what do i do!!!!!
    photo (16).JPG

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

I wish I had an answer for you, Lolli. My best suggestion is to keep the tank as clean as possible. You may have to risk your biofilter or use an air stone and turn off the filter while you treat the water.

Best wishes and prayers for a return to health for your boy.

4. OP
    OP
    lollipopkiller

its not just the boy now. let me clarify. the boy i think has fin rot. my female sorority however is infected with a disease that makes fish explode from the inside out. symptoms are bloating blockyness unwilling to eat, and digging or itching i cant really tell witch in the gravel.

5. lala29

lala29 Well Known Member Member

sorry to hear about your problem!

I would add aquarium salt to the tanks and treat accordingly untill we find a solution!
    Or possibly a fungal or bacterial treatment?? Not sure what's best but that's all i can think of :/

6. OP
    OP
    lollipopkiller

thanks

7. lala29

lala29 Well Known Member Member

Just a post asking how things are?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice