Betta fin type?

1. kittykat0725 Member Member

hey fishlore - i have had a betta for about a year now and i was wondering what his fin type is. so please tell me! :) ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406518255.198446.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406518316.990909.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406518341.066419.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. FiscCyning Member Member

He looks like either a delta or halfmoon. If you can get him to flare it will be easier to tell (try holding up a mirror to the tank to see if he flares at his reflection). A halfmoon's caudal (tail) fin will be a perfect half circle when he flares, if it is less than that he is a delta or super delta.

Here is a site with good pictures of the different tail types: http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Betta_splendens_-_variations

3. junebug Fishlore Legend Member

No way to tell without a side shot of him flaring.

4. Betta305 Initiate Member

Looks like you hot yourself a delta! He's a good lookin boy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

6. UniqueBettas Member Member

either delta, super delta, or half-moon.

7. kittykat0725 Member Member

UniqueBettas yes he is a halfmoon! he is my favorite fish, other than one of my first goldfish named Koi Boy. (he is not a koi I just named him that when I was in 2nd grade haha) :;voices :)