Betta Fin Rot?

Mamastacia3

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hmm, he looks pretty healthy to me. If you’re worried just make sure your water conditions are pristine, maybe add just a bit of aquarium salt and/or Indian almond leaf for fin healing.

OP
H

Holly03

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. It’s hard to see in the photos, the thinning ends. Also, I have had him only 2 weeks and he has always had very uneven fin edges. Is this normal? Thank you for your advice about the potential medication. I have read differing opinions re aquarium salt. What is the best way to administer it? Thank you again.

jennivester

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Holly03 said:
Thank you for replying. It’s hard to see in the photos, the thinning ends. Also, I have had him only 2 weeks and he has always had very uneven fin edges. Is this normal? Thank you for your advice about the potential medication. I have read differing opinions re aquarium salt. What is the best way to administer it? Thank you again.
My Betta Blue is the same color as yourr, and I can see the fin rot. I am going through the same thing now. There's another member who's helped me in the past. You may want to read Mattgirls suggestions on my fin rot thread. I am fairly new, and am trying to get it right. I've done everything I'm supposed to do, but this fin rot still got my boy.

Mamastacia3

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oops sorry just saw this now. For aquarium salt follow the directions for how much to add, then I usually heat up a small pan on the stove with ROI water, just warm enough to dissolve the salt, then I dilute it into replacement water during a water change.

New Threads