Betta Fin Rot

Strawberry Hedgehog

Reaction score
Ok so here’s the issue, my Betta Ares (he is in a 5 gallon) was suffering from severe fin rot, and fin clamping. I treated him with api Fungus Cure, with some success I followed the instructions on the box and tonight I’m going to do a 25% water change. Now I’m wondering what do do now, because he is still showing signs of fin rot however it is better. Should I repeat treatment or try something else?

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Strawberry Hedgehog said:
Ok so here’s the issue, my Betta Ares (he is in a 5 gallon) was suffering from severe fin rot, and fin clamping. I treated him with api Fungus Cure, with some success I followed the instructions on the box and tonight I’m going to do a 25% water change. Now I’m wondering what do do now, because he is still showing signs of fin rot however it is better. Should I repeat treatment or try something else?
If your fish is showing signs of improvement, I'd keep doing what your doing. Keep the water clean, very clean, and make sure it's warm at 78-82 degrees Celsius. Fin rot occurs when usually the water is dirty or the parameters are not right so make sure those two things are not of concern and by keeping the water clean, the betta will be able to pretty much heal itself without more medication ( minus when it's severe or fungus)

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BettaNation said:
If your fish is showing signs of improvement, I'd keep doing what your doing. Keep the water clean, very clean, and make sure it's warm at 78-82 degrees Celsius. Fin rot occurs when usually the water is dirty or the parameters are not right so make sure those two things are not of concern and by keeping the water clean, the betta will be able to pretty much heal itself without more medication ( minus when it's severe or fungus)
You must mean Fahrenheit, 82 Celcius is 170 degrees in Fahrenheit.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

Rather than repeat treatment, I'd do daily water changes of 50% - this can cure many instances of fin rot, though it may be a week or two before you see improvement.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom