Betta Fin Rot?/dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

A new username

Reaction score
I have had my betta for a bit over a year now I'm a 29 gallon tank stocked with him 3 adult mollies three molly fry and a bunch of mts. It used to swim around the tank constantly then recently it's colored started to fade and it just sat in the floating hornwort and now recently it has been sitting on the gravel with half of its caudal fin just as rays and face in the gravel and it hasn't been eating even when I try to feed him frozen food . The mollies are fine and active.

a3654558d337c38eb30857d2839dbaaa.jpg

Here is a picture of the poor guy

If you could give me any advice on how to keep him from dying or even some sort of diagnosis it would be greatly appreciated.

FishWhishes

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
To me that looks like fin rot (that's what my betta looked like when he got it). I treated my betta in a QT with aquarium salt (nothing else, though he only had minor fin rot) when he got this. He was better within a week-2 weeks.
I followed the instructions on this website to get rid of it. Maybe wait and see what other people have to say before going all out and treating him for fin rot, but if the website seems to describe your fish, I would start thinking about investing in some aquarium salt.

OP
A new username

A new username

Reaction score
I have had the betta for about 1 1/2 years I don't know how old it was when I got him. The water is at 78-80 degrees and I feed him tetra granules and emerald entree at least before he stopped eating. The ammonia is at 0 to .25 ppm, nitrites are at 0 and nitrates are at 5 ppm the ph is 7 I don't know the gh/kh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom