Betta Fin Rot? Bettafix?

fishkeepjames

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Need some help, I think my betta has fin rot ! Pics here (betta fish fin rot ???)

I'm doing a 50% water change today, he's housed in a 10gal with a bunch of Ramshorn snails & 1 Assassin snail

I noticed a little split in a tail fin about 4 days ago when I got home from school. I've been watching him carefully & it is getting worse, I'm not sure if he's biting it or if its fin rot. I just finished treatment for what I used was Ick (only one white dot, gone within 2 days).

Will Bettafix help ? Last time I used it my fish died, but I think he had a parasite. I am worried about overdosing, & killing my snails. I've tried doing research but I'd like soem personal experience & tips as well ! I read that low pH can cause fish harm with Bettafix, my pH is about 6-7.

Any advice ? Thank you all in advance !

Salem

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I cant quite tell from the pictures but it could be fin rot or could be tearing/ biting.
The best treatment for now is just keeping the water clean, I wouldnt reach for medications unless you have to.
If you do decide to medicate I would recommend moving him to a hospital tank to treat him without worrying about the snails.

fishkeepjames

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I cant quite tell from the pictures but it could be fin rot or could be tearing/ biting.
The best treatment for now is just keeping the water clean, I wouldnt reach for medications unless you have to.
If you do decide to medicate I would recommend moving him to a hospital tank to treat him without worrying about the snails.
Alright, Thank you !!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom