Betta Fin Id?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
this would be a delta as for fin type. I can't tell you the actual color morph because the picture isn't good enough.

Bry

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I will try to get a better picture of him when I get home. He wouldn't sit still for longer than a second in the bag.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes, thanks for the pictures. Your betta doesn't really fall into a specific morph, it appears he has had alot of things bred into him. The only thing that he really has is a black head which is what breeders call the mask.

Bry

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He was a local pet store buy. I wasn't expecting him to be amazing. I just love his colors and the full long fins. Though he isn't full grown yet

Bry

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My Crowntail has the mask as well

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would personally consider that to be a low grade mustard gas....

As for fin, it does look like its a delta, but it could also be a halfmoon. The only way to check is to get it to flare, if its a D shape then its halfmoon, anything else (aka a triangle) and its a delta.

Bry

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He seems pretty chill. I only saw him flare at the shop. After watching him for a bit, it doesn't look like he has a complete half moon. So as much as I would love for him to be a halfmoon, I think he's a delta. After looking at some pictures of Mustard Gas, he does look like a paler version of them.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree that there was a mustard gas bred into him at once, but i don't think he is a high enough percentage to be called mustard gas. Although he looks like a low grade, he has too much impurites of blue on his fin to be called one.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom