Betta filter and light reccomendations?

sofiav

I'm planning to set up 2 5gallon planted betta tanks with shrimp. I'm trying to find the best filter and lights for these tanks that are not too strong for the betta and don't suck in small shrimp. Does anyone have recommendations?

LHAquatics

Sponge filter. Your tank is too small though. I would remove the betta if I could for multiple reasons
edit: now I understand that you meant 2 5 gallons. I would still recommend sponge filters :D

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

Marine land heater and marineland filter with a sponge tied in front of the water out flow. whatever lights come with the tank are fine. it doesn't matter unless you keep plants.
Keep in mind - Bettas are carnivorous and may eat the shrimp.

Upvote 0

Motherlovebetta

Sponge filter. Your tank is too small though. I would remove the betta if I could for multiple reasons
Agree! I have my betta in a 10 gallon and sponge filter and live plants. Can’t imagine him in a 2.5 gal.

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

Agree! I have my betta in a 10 gallon and sponge filter and live plants. Can’t imagine him in a 2.5 gal.
I think the op said he was getting two Five-gallon tanks.

Upvote 0

Motherlovebetta

I think the op said he was getting two Five-gallon tanks.
Sorry, Sure did! Don’t have my glasses on haha. Still going with sponge filter.

Upvote 0

sofiav

Sorry, Sure did! Don’t have my glasses on haha. Still going with sponge filter.
Thanks! yes I'm setting up two 5 gallon tanks :)
I haven't set up the tanks yet. Is 5 gallons too small? and are shrimp okay with bettas?

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

5 gallons is large enough I thought you meant 2.5 gallons. Shrimp with bettas totally depends on the betta.

Upvote 0

bettafairy

I use sponge filters and those Zoo med Betta filters that are meant for 10 gallons. They have adjustable flow and provide more filtration than just using the sponge filter alone. I have used this combination in both 5 and 6 gallon tanks, with a small sponge filter one one corner and the betta filter on the other side. Wouldn’t hurt to have extra filtration especially in a small tank.
Thanks! yes I'm setting up two 5 gallon tanks :)

I haven't set up the tanks yet. Is 5 gallons too small? and are shrimp okay with bettas?
5 gallons is fine for a betta and shrimp in my opinion, it just depends on the bettas temperament and number of shrimp. Be prepared to find some snacked on shrimps if anything. Ghost shrimp are usually a good option as they are near impossible for bettas to see.

Upvote 0

stxpidcorr

I use a sponge filter and Mingdak LED plant light. The light has different lighting and brightness settings, and a timer, has worked great so far, plants love it.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cinabar
  • Question
Replies
Views
Aurorafishy
Replies
Views
Blueberrybetta