Betta feeding

Hayli

HI guys! I have the aqueon betta food pellets, some frozen brine shrimp, and freeze dried bloodworms for my betta. What would be the best food schedule for him? I think he’s a little bit bloated right now so I’m not gonna feed him tomorrow. I do think I was over feeding him a bit but he’s acting just fine and is still hungry so if there is bloating it’s not bad! I just want to get him on a good feeding schedule. Also, how many of the pellets should I feed him? And the the freeze dried blood worms? When I do feed him those.

Mandy627

His stomach is about as big as one of his eyes. Brine shrimp can be risky if fed too often, the salt in them can cause liver problems and lead to dropsy, so look at those as treats not food. I give mine about 10 pellets a day, sometimes more depending on hangryness level I always skip a day of food every week. Careful with too much dry food like freeze dried foods, they can also be a burden on liver if fed too often. I'm only speaking from experience and some bettas are tougher than others. I know mine love frozen bloodworms unthawed...about 3 total then I put the rest back in freezer.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kinsey12345
Replies
Views
CanadianFishFan
  • Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question