Betta Feeding Question

1. Fredbetta86

Fredbetta86 Well Known Member Member

I've posted something similar to this before, but can't seem to get an answer. I feed a dry pellet food as part of my Betta fish diet but I don't know if I'm feeding enough and would like to get some input. I would typically think that 2-3 pellets twice a day would suffice but the ones I use are quite a bit smaller. 2 of the pellets I feed equal to about 1 of most of the other pellets on the market. The reason why I use the ones I do is because they are very high quality and all my Bettas love them. I feed 3-4 of the pellets twice a day because they are smaller. Is this ok or should I feed more because they are so small? 9989ea3db867bca8f9a846ffe438303a.jpg

The NorthFin Betta Bits are the ones I feed, which are on the far left. So you can see the size comparison.

2. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

Honestly, it depends on the betta. If you really want and exact amount, experiment a bit. A few minutes after the feeding, your betta should have a bit of a belly. If no belly, feed another pallet. If the belly is big, feed 1 less.

The betta won't starve on as few as 2-3 pallets a day if you want to feed him the bare minimum - which I don't recommend. But I mean, you can I guess. So you are fine, but maybe increase by 1 if you are worried.

3. OP
    OP
    Fredbetta86

Fredbetta86 Well Known Member Member

What do you think about 4 in the morning 4 at night? I know that usually sounds like a lot but look at the size of the Northfin compared to the rest of them..