Betta Falls Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by luckdown, Apr 16, 2018.

1. luckdownWell Known MemberMember

my question is what do I do with this tank? Could it be used as a pest snail tank instead of the almost equally small unfiltered tank I'm using now?

Would I need to modify it a bit to keep the snails from being sucked into the next compartment?

(had bettas in it but they are in new tanks now)

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

What about a planted bog aquarium. i think that would look nice.

3. GuppyGuy007Well Known MemberMember

Maybe some Neocardina shrimp?

4. luckdownWell Known MemberMember

It is planted. Not with those types of plants though.

I'm not really sure I want to get shrimp for it unless I can't use it for my pest snails. But even then seeing as how I can never see all of my ghost shrimp in any of my tanks I'm not even sure if I can raise shrimp correctly.

I'd mainly want to use it for my pest snails if possible

5. GuppyGuy007Well Known MemberMember

Ok, the shrimp are entirely different then the ghost shrimp.
    BTW, I did post those peppered cories on eBay.

6. luckdownWell Known MemberMember

How different are they? I don't know much about the different types of shrimp. I just know about ghost shrimp cuz that's what I use as tank helpers lol

Ooo okay awesome

7. BriggsWell Known MemberMember

Out of the box, most anything small you put in there is going to end up in the reservoir under the little display tanks eventually. You might be able to rig sponges or baffles to help keep everything in place, though. Plastic craft mesh glued into place with silicone or superglue might work.

8. GuppyGuy007Well Known MemberMember

I don't know what could be causing yo u not to see them, they could just be hiding. Looking for them at the letstore takes me forever, because they are really hard to see. I can only imagine in a larger tank... I plan on getting Men's for myself pretty soon. I think that most of the Men's, especially cherries, from what I have read, are very adaptable to water parameters. In a small space with say a Marino Moss Ball, I think you would see them just fine. I don't know if you already mentioned this, but it is possible for fish to eat the ghost shrimp, but it depends on what you have with them.

9. GuppyGuy007Well Known MemberMember

And I do agree with @Briggs that you should definetly rig something up to prevent shrimps, or whatever you decide to keep in their from being moved from section to section .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice