Betta Face Turning White?

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hi all. i've had my male betta for about a month now and he seems really happy! He was this beautiful dark red color with dark blue streaks, and nice black eyes. Well i recently had an issue with his eyes swelling and turning a bit white. the swelling went down, but there is still white in his eyes. he can see things just fine. now his face is is turning a bit white. he still acts fine. he is in a 5 gallon with a heater and filter. his tank is not cycled, but i do use prime and change the water enough to keep the parameters good! is he okay?..

Hunterhusker

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi all. i've had my male betta for about a month now and he seems really happy! He was this beautiful dark red color with dark blue streaks, and nice black eyes. Well i recently had an issue with his eyes swelling and turning a bit white. the swelling went down, but there is still white in his eyes. he can see things just fine. now his face is is turning a bit white. he still acts fine. he is in a 5 gallon with a heater and filter. his tank is not cycled, but i do use prime and change the water enough to keep the parameters good! is he okay?..
Is it a fluffy white? If it is fluffy then it is fungal. Pima fix is the usual go to for that, but I hvlave read of it killing bettas. There is a wateree down version that is betta safe called Betta fix. It is twice as expensive so id reccomemd half dosing with the full strength stuff. If it is scales turning white and not fluffy...I have no idea one of my female bettas are doing that right now.

Is it a fluffy white? If it is fluffy then it is fungal. Pima fix is the usual go to for that, but I hvlave read of it killing bettas. There is a wateree down version that is betta safe called Betta fix. It is twice as expensive so id reccomemd half dosing with the full strength stuff. If it is scales turning white and not fluffy...I have no idea one of my female bettas are doing that right now.
Just a lil research and I found this post for non fluffy. It sounds like they decided it was a color change.

Help - Betta Turning White

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's not fluffy. I used Betta fix for his eyes.

Just a lil research and I found this post for non fluffy. It sounds like they decided it was a color change.

Help - Betta Turning White
Hmmm odd. As long as he's okay. He looks weird now though lol

Hunterhusker

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's not fluffy. I used Betta fix for his eyes.

Hmmm odd. As long as he's okay. He looks weird now though lol
I know when I bought my first betta he was all white with blue splotches holy **** he was beautiful. He went through several color changes in his life and when he died he was almost black he was so dark blue.

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I know when I bought my first betta he was all white with blue splotches holy **** he was beautiful. He went through several color changes in his life and when he died he was almost black he was so dark blue.
awe, i'm sorry for your loss! thats really cool that they change colors though. i didnt know that. thought he was sick. i would try to get a picture of him...but he moves too fast!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom