Betta experts have any of you ever heard this?

1. Diggly Well Known Member Member

I was in my LFS today when I saw the most beautiful betta and could not pass him up, he is a gorgeous white colour and I think he is a delta (pics to follow I promise) so I quickly grabbed a divider and left with him.

I noticed in the lfs that he was in the same tank with a female betta but there was no fighting, they were swimming along side by side. This was the same in another 2 tanks. the manager said these bettas were bred to look different to normal female bettas so there were no aggression issues between the males and females, has anyone ever heard of that here?

I didnt buy them as a pair as I really didnt want to risk it and his tail looks like it has 1-2 bite marks but other than that he seems happy and healthy.

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

omg, diggly, you big tease!!! Pictures now! (And I've never heard of it, but I'm not a betta expert.)

3. Diggly Well Known Member Member

4. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

sounds pretty cool, is the white color a platnuim? google platnuim bettas and see if it looks like your fish

5. Diggly Well Known Member Member

he looks like the pic in the last post but bigger finnage.

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Mercy, he sounds like a gorgeous boy! Can't wait for pics!

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

love the plats!!!!!! beautiful boys...I have a platinum boy also and he is very laid back..but I dont think laid back enough to be in a tank with other bettas....they arent the common color but id NOT trust the LFS saying they are a rare type that can go with others....he was probably being lucky they werent hurting one another IMO

8. Diggly Well Known Member Member

Thats what I thought.

they gave me a heart attack this morning, I found Randy sitting in m new boys divided section and I have NO idea how he got in there.. The divider is tight and way too high for him to jump (its about 3 inches above water level and he couldnt have gotten underneath.

Anyway I think I am luck that they are both ok and neither appears to have any damage done to them.

9. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

What an intriguing thought. I probably would be sus though, they'll say anything to make a sale. He sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see him! :)

10. theshiftys_jm Member Member

They sound like they may have been from the same brood of fry and simply raised together, tanked together etc... Usually, when they breed, after the male has collected the eggs and placed them in the bubblenest, he becomes aggressive and will beat the out of the female if she is left in the same tank. Soooo, that's why i'm thinking they are from the same brood and so on.