Betta enough bioload for many plants?

vasyat

Reaction score
Hi. I'm currently cycling an 18 gallon tank which has 2 ancharis, 2 anubias, 2 java fern, 2 crypt parvas, and 2 microswords. I'm planning on adding a betta. Will he provide enough bioload to keep the plants healthy?

oldsalt777

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello vas...

As long as there's a constant source of nitrogen in the water, the plants will be fine.

Old

gregorylampron

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Old salt is right. If you are worried about low nutriation of the water it is easy to fertilize with products from the lfs or online. My suggestion is ADA's green brighty 1,2, and 3. Your plants sound great.... perhaps consider a carpet such as eleocharis mini, monte carlo, or dwarf baby tear? Your betta will smile. Good luck

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

caty33

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My plants weren't getting enough nitrogen from my betta so I started using continuum flora viv, A week later they looked great again. In a tank that big you'll probably need some fertiliser for the plants.

OP
V

vasyat

Reaction score
I'm guessing you can use any of the nitrogen liquid ferts (ADA, flora viv, Seachem Flourish N). Question is how should it be dosed? Do you want to target a particular nitrate level?

New Threads