Betta Emergency!help!

DIYbetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried fasting her several times for about three days each and nothing happened

FancyBubbles

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Most likely not eggs, you're betta is either constipated or bloated. Females will lay eggs right away a few seconds after mating. Try not to feed your betta for 2 days or 3.

People recommend not feeding peas because bettas can't digest plant matter very well, but some people also say it has helped their betta with bloating/constipation issues. Another best alternative is brine shrimp.

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Crowntail females are known to be more chunky compared to the other fin types for some reason. It isn't known why or what causes it, but they're just very chunky and it doesn't seem to affect them.

As for the raised scales on her head I don't know what would be causing it, but my theory is that she has some sort of growth there that could be pushing the scales up. As long as it isn't affecting her and she's acting normal, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

SM1199

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If it is a growth do you know how to get rid of it?
If it is a mass, tumors can only be treated by removal (aka - a vet does the surgery), and that's only feasible if 1) the fish is suffering because of it, 2) there is a good chance the fish will survive the surgery/have a good quality of life afterwards, and 3) you're willing to spend the money. Again - that's if it is a mass, which isn't guaranteed given the information and pictures we have available to us about this fish.

Can you post a picture of her from a top view, looking down on her back and top of her head?

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
From the limited pictures posted it doesn't look like a tumor. Have you checked to see if her poop is abnormal? Another cause of apparent bloating can be a severe worm infection.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom