Betta Dropsy?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by OneLittleBubble, May 23, 2018.

1. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

image.jpeg i looked at my betta and noticed that he has two scales lifted right behind his eye. He acts normal and water is clean. The brown is tannins. I will leave a picture, sorry if it's no good though he moves way to much to focus properly.

2. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

3. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

If you're concerned about dropsy, you can go ahead and order some kanaplex just so you can have it on hand. I had to get it shipped to me when my fish had Dropsy, and there was a mail delay and a lot of things went awry with the delivery, and you don't want to be waiting on that. Peace of mind, and I think it's like $7 on Amazon if you have access to it.
    Edit: I forgot to give my opinion, it doesn't look like Dropsy. Normally dropsy scales begin to occur behind the gills, not as far up as behind the eyes.

4. Adrian Burke

Adrian Burke Valued Member Member

This doesn’t seem like dropsy, he should be fine.

5. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

Yeah, I heard that it starts behind the gills too, but then why are his scales lifted there

6. Xx_Gemstone_xX

Xx_Gemstone_xX New Member Member

He might have backed up against something sharp or something like that but it doesn’t look like dropsy

7. Adrian Burke

Maybe he cut himself on some decor? Try removing anything too sharp.

8. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

It looks more like he got his head somewhere and pulled it out backwards, I haven't seen it before though.

9. Adrian Burke

Yeah, that’s pretty weird.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice