Betta doesn't swim as much, won't eat, and i think he has white under his chin

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by animalsareawesome, Jul 30, 2015.

1. a

animalsareawesome New Member Member

HI guys,

So my betta, who i have had for about 6 months now, won't eat his food. He is also a little lethargic and i think he has some white under his chin. I just did a full water change (as he lives in a bowl; I am cycling his new aquarium now). I tried giving him some peas because I thought he looked a little constipated but he won't eat them. This betta is normally pretty active and always comes up when i want to feed him, but today he did not do that. I was thinking maybe a salt bath would do him good? He honestly looks like he is going to die soon, because his chin and a bit of his mouth are a little white now. The base of his fins (where they connect to his body) are also white and i don't know if they have been like that before but I'm guessing not. I cannot take any good pictures so i am very sorry. Any help is extremely appreciated!

2. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

I am going to jump straight to the new tank that is cycling, be sure to not x contaminate it with anything you use in the betta's current home.
    As for the betta I don't want to be the bearer of doom, try to google pics of columnaris and see if that is what your dealing with.

3. OP
    OP
    a

hi thank you so much for responding!!!

i looked up columnaris (very freaky) and I'm not sure if its that because i think i might have been over exaggerating the whiteness of his chin. Unfortunately my betta died right before i was going to give him a salt bath...:(. thank you for the help though!

4. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

So sorry, he had a wonderful life while in your care.

5. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

6. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. OP
    OP
    a

thank you so much everyone for your kind words and sympathy!! <3

8. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Aww. :;hug2 We're here for you. :)

9. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Sorry for your loss. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice