Betta Doesn't Notice Feeder Dropping Food... Tips?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by KarlsJr, Jun 18, 2018.

1. KarlsJr

KarlsJrNew MemberMember

I have a betta at my work, and am there 4 days a week. When I'm there, feeding my betta isn't a problem. It takes a few minutes of me holding my hand above the tank for her to notice it's time for food. Once she does, she doesn't have any problem eating it, so I think she likes the food fine.

The problem is when I'm away. I have an automatic feeder to drop pellets in twice a day on 2 of the days I'm not in the office. However, she doesn't notice the pellets until they've sunken to the bottom, at which point she doesn't want them. Any suggestions on feeding her while I'm away?

I know she would be okay without food for 3 days here and there, but I think only feeding her 4 days every week is not enough.

2. NLindsey921

NLindsey921Well Known MemberMember

Bettas can go 2 weeks without food. I had one survive perfectly fine when I went to Mexico for 2 weeks last year.

3. OP
    OP
    KarlsJr

KarlsJrNew MemberMember

True, but I'm worried because it's not just a rare vacation. She is only eating 4 days a week all the time. Is she still ok, or is she underfed?

4. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

Just feed her a bit more on the 4th day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice