Betta Documentary or Books?

1. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Are there any detailed documentaries or books about bettas? All I've found so far are little books describing how to care for them. I already know how to. I'm looking for something that will show me the beginning to the modern bettas. I want to see the wild betta in their natural habitat to the selective breeding to today's wide variety of bettas.

2. Dino

Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I will dig thru the library here and see what I can find.
    I believe I have something along those lines.

3. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Ditto, i can find you links to online betta history articles if youd like?

4. OP
    OP
    ZeeZ

Nope, I've already read those. I want something that's more intensive with more photos or videos. Basically, I want the 'behind the scenes' stuff.

5. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

6. soltarianknight

7. Dino

Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I found two books that maybe what you are looking for.
    Both, however, have some age on them

All about Bettas, Walt Maurus, tis older than you are, but gives a look at where bettas were at in the 70's.

Labyrinth Fish, Horst Linke, covers a range of fish, not just bettas, but goes into detail about wild fish.

If you are interested in borrowing them, just let me know. I can ship them as late as Saturday.

8. soltarianknight

"The Dino Library" that would be awesome 0.0

9. Dino

Dino Fishlore VIP Member

300 books, 1000+ magazines just on aquatics, another 200 books are land plants, and I have lost count on the amount of fantasy/science fiction, but know it is over 10,000 books.

I have a hard time doing anything in a small way.

10. OP
    OP
    ZeeZ

Yes, please, Dino! I'd appreciate that very much!

Kind of, psalm, but only two pages on its history? However, that looks like a good book to read, regardless, to learn more about the different varieties.

They really ought to make a documentary... I'd love to see a betta in the wild... swimming in its natural habitat.

11. soltarianknight

What kinda betta? Just a wild splendens?

12. OP
    OP
    ZeeZ

Pretty much.

13. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I had a link once of bettas in the wild. Just have to remember where I posted. LOL