Betta disease????

juniperlea

Valued Member
Reaction score
I snapped a pic with my cell phone, of one of the ADFs behaving as normal. Tommy Boy, the betta, always investigates when he sees me approach the tank. He has always looked very handsome, but when I zoomed in on the pic on my phone, I saw this..... or did I? He has always looked stunningly handsome, until I saw the closeup pic. Does he have a disease? Apologies.... the tank is clear, but cell pics from 2 inches away reveal all sorts of sins......

juniperlea

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I see anything wrong. Anything in particular you're worried about?
If you zoom in on his mouth, is that redness normal? It can't be seen with the naked eye though, and he acts healthy. Perhaps I'm just being a worry-wart!

Truckjohn

Valued Member
Reaction score
The better question for our OP is....

Has anything changed? Was his mouth originally a different color and changed to reddish or has it always been like that?

It appears to be a dragon scale... Those have a very heavy scale pattern over top of a different color flesh/pattern.... Mine looks like a kid painted a red betta with white nail polish....

juniperlea

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Nothing has changed and to my naked eye, he looks the same as always. I think. I'm going to show the pic to my LFS this week and see what she says. I just freaked when I zoomed in on the pic.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom