Betta Died

Karma23

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey everybody just came back from college to see my new day old betta dead. He was under a rock ornament. The ornament is like an old greek ruins building. Checked the water and ammonia is 0, nitrite is at 0 and nitrate is at 10. So I believe he must have been caught in the rock as there is a small hole to get under the oranment. I didn't think it was a problem cause he was going in and out of it all day. Come night then he got stuck. Is it possible he got trapped because it was so dark and he couldnt see the exit?

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Im so sorry for your loss. Since you just brought him home, it could have been caused by any number of things that you had no control over. He may have already been sick. If you think its possible that he could have gotten stuck, all you can do is just make sure to be extra careful with that ornament if you get another fish. But remember that you did your best for him making sure his water was clean and Im sure he appreciated that, especially if he was not feeling well. We are here for you!

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Karma.

So sorry for your loss. Good advice from bettaloulou. Hope you do get a replacement soon. Best of luck!

Karma23

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks everybody, I feel better already. I wont be able to get a replacement fish till Saturday so should I keep feeding the tank ammonia?

midthought

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sorry you lost your fish.

And yes, I would feed the tank ammonia if I were you, so that your bacteria don't die off. Edit: assuming that there's no fish in the tank, that is. I don't think there is though.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm sorry . Keep feeding the tank, it should be fine till Sat, a few flakes twice a day is what I did, hopefully it works for you too.

Karma23

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the replies guys. Got my new Betta today from a different pet store today. He was the only one there but he seems to be fine checking out his surroundings. I tried feeding some Tetra Fresh Delica Brine Shrimp but he hasn't touched yet although he took a bite of a tropical fish food flake. Weird I know! Fingers crossed with Leonidas the II

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Good luck! Some bettas are weird eaters. Find what he likes and then you're onto a winner. Hope all goes well for you now

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom