Betta Decorations? New Setup

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by OneLittleBubble, Apr 23, 2018.

1. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubbleWell Known MemberMember

I was wondering about decorations for a betta tank and if you guys have any recommendations for houses. I want to buy decorations other than silk plants

2. qchris87

qchris87Well Known MemberMember

Floating Betta logs are cool

3. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

what about ground decorations

4. Algonquin

AlgonquinWell Known MemberMember

There's also a betta log that rests on the bottom. 3 entrances/exits, they love it! :)
    you can also put in a small unglazed plain terracotta pot on it's side, they like to go in there too!

5. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

ok thanks

6. tunafax

tunafaxWell Known MemberMember

Try teracota pots or ceramit metal holders. PetSmart decor is very fin-ripping.

7. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

what fish

8. AJ34

AJ34Valued MemberMember

I use the Zoomed betta log, the sinking ones...I also like the plants that suction cup horizontally like a betta hammock or just plants in general, I have some of the silicone jelly fish...all my fish like to hang out in those. I have other swim through logs as well. Just make sure whatever you go with is not rough or jagged and that the holes are appropriate size so the fish can't get stuck swimming through!

9. Gala

GalaWell Known MemberMember

10. Bettafishies126

Bettafishies126Valued MemberMember

I disagree with the petsmart decor tearing fins, I have a really nice little house, a silk plant, and a rubber plant for my betta that I got at petsmart and he has never ever torn his fins before, it isn't about the store it's picking the right decor. You should look around at all the little houses they have they had a lot when I went, just make sure the entrance holes are at least the size of a toonie and that they don't have any holes smaller than a quarter or they can get stuck in them.

11. lilabug4545

lilabug4545Well Known MemberMember

I agree with @Bettafishies126 . Also, I would look into perler bead decor. Sounds wierd, I know, but I use them a lot, and I've never had a torn fin with them (except for one guy, but he was a fin biter, so I never found out if he did it to himself).

12. aBettaNamedRoy

aBettaNamedRoyValued MemberMember

Natural driftwood is very cool, as long as it has no jagged/rough ends for your betta to tear his fins on. The tannins add a yellow-ish coloration to the water with added benefits (though it can also have a negative effect in some circumstances). I would suggest doing some research.
    I have a large conch-like shell in my aquarium, and my betta swims into the upper portion to sleep. You may be able to find some nice shells online, but make sure that they are real.

13. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

My betta uses his every single night. I gave him 3 logs to use, he uses one for day time sleeping, one for night sleeping and the other to play and be fed in.

14. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXPWell Known MemberMember

i would just see what your lfs has and pick out what will fit in your tank and isnt sharp

15. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXPWell Known MemberMember

although i do agree with the floating logs. my betta loves them as well but only problem is the paint on them starts to peel off quickly (at least in my experience)

16. CanadianFishFan

I've had mine for a year and hasn't... But petsmarts xmas decor paint started to peel as i placed it into the tank! Or you can make your own for cheap with some mesh from a craft store and hot glue. (AKA im not spending $32 on a log! I have 4 from the store and cant believe i spent that much! The other bettas can get mesh logs for only $2.)

17. Dch48

Dch48Well Known MemberMember

I really hate seeing tanks decorated with things that would not be in a natural environment. Things like castles, bridges, houses, marbles, saltwater things in a freshwater tank, and a lot more don't appeal to me. Remember, this is just my opinion, YMMV. :)

18. CanadianFishFan

I find its fine as long as theres plants and not just some ugly spongebob stuff on pink gravel!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice