Betta Decorations? New Setup

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
There's also a betta log that rests on the bottom. 3 entrances/exits, they love it!
you can also put in a small unglazed plain terracotta pot on it's side, they like to go in there too!

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can I see before pics? If a moor is not a solid black, it is very likely unstable and the black is bound to fade away eventually.

Stress is factor in fading. This might be it's actual color. How old is this fishy?
what fish

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I use the Zoomed betta log, the sinking ones...I also like the plants that suction cup horizontally like a betta hammock or just plants in general, I have some of the silicone jelly fish...all my fish like to hang out in those. I have other swim through logs as well. Just make sure whatever you go with is not rough or jagged and that the holes are appropriate size so the fish can't get stuck swimming through!

Bettafishies126

Valued Member
Reaction score
I disagree with the petsmart decor tearing fins, I have a really nice little house, a silk plant, and a rubber plant for my betta that I got at petsmart and he has never ever torn his fins before, it isn't about the store it's picking the right decor. You should look around at all the little houses they have they had a lot when I went, just make sure the entrance holes are at least the size of a toonie and that they don't have any holes smaller than a quarter or they can get stuck in them.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I agree with @Bettafishies126 . Also, I would look into perler bead decor. Sounds wierd, I know, but I use them a lot, and I've never had a torn fin with them (except for one guy, but he was a fin biter, so I never found out if he did it to himself).

aBettaNamedRoy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Natural driftwood is very cool, as long as it has no jagged/rough ends for your betta to tear his fins on. The tannins add a yellow-ish coloration to the water with added benefits (though it can also have a negative effect in some circumstances). I would suggest doing some research.
I have a large conch-like shell in my aquarium, and my betta swims into the upper portion to sleep. You may be able to find some nice shells online, but make sure that they are real.

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i would just see what your lfs has and pick out what will fit in your tank and isnt sharp

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
although i do agree with the floating logs. my betta loves them as well but only problem is the paint on them starts to peel off quickly (at least in my experience)

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
although i do agree with the floating logs. my betta loves them as well but only problem is the paint on them starts to peel off quickly (at least in my experience)
I've had mine for a year and hasn't... But petsmarts xmas decor paint started to peel as i placed it into the tank! Or you can make your own for cheap with some mesh from a craft store and hot glue. (AKA im not spending $32 on a log! I have 4 from the store and cant believe i spent that much! The other bettas can get mesh logs for only $2.)

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I really hate seeing tanks decorated with things that would not be in a natural environment. Things like castles, bridges, houses, marbles, saltwater things in a freshwater tank, and a lot more don't appeal to me. Remember, this is just my opinion, YMMV.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I really hate seeing tanks decorated with things that would not be in a natural environment. Things like castles, bridges, houses, marbles, saltwater things in a freshwater tank, and a lot more don't appeal to me. Remember, this is just my opinion, YMMV.
I find its fine as long as theres plants and not just some ugly spongebob stuff on pink gravel!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom