Betta damaged from swimming in top fin enchant filter

TheAlchemist77

Reaction score
Would give more detail but gotta work.He is a young and healthy black orchid.He is damaged on his head and I do not want it to get infected.I have some apI fin and body cure at home.Just seeing if I should get him started on that.He is fine, but nice scuff on his head.He swam in filter box and got stuck.There is a carbon pad in there so worried he scratched that.Please help.

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you post a picture? A healthy fish generally will not get stuck to a filter, so it makes me wonder if something was already wrong with him.

OP
TheAlchemist77

TheAlchemist77

Reaction score
He swam through slot when I turned on light this morning.He is healthy and VERY active trust me.

Repolie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You shouldn't be medicating unless necessary. Clean water will heal up his scrapes just fine. You can add Indian almond leaves or Stressguard which have therapeutic and antiseptic properties to promote the healing process.

OP
TheAlchemist77

TheAlchemist77

Reaction score
e_watson09 said:
Can you post a picture? A healthy fish generally will not get stuck to a filter, so it makes me wonder if something was already wrong with him.

Attachments

OP
TheAlchemist77

TheAlchemist77

Reaction score
Yes.He is active and happy today as usual, but it is a good blemish.I wanna get him something like Betta fix, even though some experts hate the stuff.Proper dosing should help him, although I do not really wanna take his media out.Do you agree with this plan of action? Any help is appreciated.

OP
TheAlchemist77

TheAlchemist77

Reaction score
His wounds are healing and I have some media I am gonna put in filter in case he tries to get cute.Soon he will be too big to get through slot anyways and I hate that I do not have bigger tank.Live in 2 bed apartment in downtown Denver and have 9 other tanks already.