betta compatibility

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by fish_r_friend, May 18, 2006.

1. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

2. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

I checked in my Betta Books and all the information about shrimp is about FOOD. I do not know whether the adult shrimp would be safe, but I would think that they would be severely harassed at the least.

I would have to say no to the compatibility issue.

Rose
    :)

3. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

my betta seems ok with my ghost shrimp, even after one of them laid some eggs Autumn wouldn't bother the shrimp. of course this varies from betta to betta. My friends betta would attack everything, even snails but go ahead and try.

4. Miss MouseWell Known MemberMember

yeah I was gonna say I think it totally depensd on your betta - mine would attach snails in the tank. He even tried to attack a platy through a bag! But then others are perfectly fine so you'll just have to try...

5. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

If you decide to try and I am all for it if you want to, I wouldn't put more than one shrimp in to start with just in case it doesn't work. That way if your Betta decides to have a little snack or chase the poor thing to pieces you don't have a lot of money tied up in the experiment.

Rose
    :)

6. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I seems like some Bettas will make lunch out of shrimp while some won't. I personally wouldn't risk it, but of course it's your choice. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice