Betta compatable w/ dwarf frog? Question

1. Trojan Member Member

I finally updated my Betta's tank from a 1/2 gallon stand alone to a 1 gallon with filter (mini-bow). I am thinking of moving my dwarf frog from my 12 gallon to the 1 gallon. Would it be compatable with the betta?

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi welcome to FishLore :)
    An ADF should have at least 2.5g. I'm glad you upgraded your betta from a 1/2 gallon, but he really should have more than 1g also, at least 3g.

Whether and ADF and a betta get along really depends on the bettas personality. Some will accept an ADF, some won't. However, a 1 gallon tank isn't big enough. Not only bio-load and swim space (they like to stretch their flippers) but it could lead to agression being in too small a tank.

3. Trojan Member Member

Any small companion you can recommend with the Betta? I guess I got news to his small tank, that now it looks like their is a lot of room.

4. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

hmmmmm Companions & Bettas. They look lonely on their own don't they? But the truth is I have found in my experience that bettas like their own space. Problems can arise when they share their home with other fish. They are often loners. They also bond more with you that way.

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Even if it looks like a lot of room, you have to allow the inhabitants of a tank space to move around. You also have to think about the amount of waste they produce in the amount of water they're in.

I agree with fishtroy. Most bettas don't play well with others.
    Some might accept otos or cories, but not in a 1g tank.