Betta Compatability

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Sammyboi1993, Mar 21, 2010.

1. S

Sammyboi1993 Valued Member Member

Okay, I have a 33 gallon tank and im also buying a 20 gallon tank, iv allways loved betta's but have never had the chance to buy one and now iv found a shop that has plenty but i was just woundering would a betta be okay in a tank with what i have listed below?

Many thanks

Sam

2. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Betta's make good pets :)

But a 33g and a 20g is still too big for them. A nice 5g or 10g would do nice enough for them. Unless you can separate the 20g into two spaces then you can keep 2 bettas in one tank. I've seen many members doing separation for their tanks and it works out very nicely. Your LFS should sell those separators. Give it a try :D

Best of luck! :;hf

3. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

I would say no. They are not combatible. The fish in your tank will not work.

If your looking for a betta. I suggest you keep them by themselves they be far better off

4. OP
    OP
    S

Sammyboi1993 Valued Member Member

Im Sure i could buy a 10 gallon tank aswell just for a betta. I dont think my lfs sells tank seporators. Ill Loook around abit. Also are their any fish that i can keep with a betta just for company?

5. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

6. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Bettas do well with snails :) But only most bettas would be okay with a group of cories in their tank. Not all bettas are the same, bettas really have different personalities so if you do decide to get cories as their tankmates, be sure to have a backup tank just incase.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice