Betta Community/sorority 75gallon Tank Ideas...

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Rae_Valentine, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Rae_Valentine

Rae_Valentine New Member Member

Currently we have a 75 gallon tank that is the home to 6 beautiful betta females, three neon tetras (we will be adding more, we lost a few from the group we had bought when we were having unstable PH issues for a little - all fixed now), a funny group of about 10 corydoras and a long finned black skirt tetra and a red eye tetra.

We want to get a decent size school of mid swimmers to kind of fill out the rest of our tank that won't be aggressive to our array of beautifully finned fishes. Someone had suggested Praecox Rainbowfish which we think are very nice but we wanted some other suggestions, maybe something on the obscure end if possible.

2. W

WhiteCloudMinnows Valued Member Member

Tetras should always be kept in groups, so add in a few more each of the black skirt and the red skirt.

3. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't add in more fish, since you already have some stocking problems (temp incompatiblityies), if you like to discuss it

4. OP
    OP
    Rae_Valentine

Yeah I am aware of this, they will be moved to a different tank once it's cycled and be given new tank mates to school with. Thank you =)

5. S

Ste Valued Member Member

Keep in mind if those fish are nippy fish, which may damage the fins of ur betta, also dont get barbs as they will destroy ur betta

6. OP
    OP
    Rae_Valentine

All of our tetras either stay away from the Bettas or literally swim next to them and even our corys will snuggle up to the Bettas and sleep in the floating plants sometimes... Everyone gets along our Bettas are pretty relaxed we bought half of them form a tank where they were already in a group and the other three Re a little smaller so the older ones didn't seem to be threatened and they all play together... Even when showing dominance no one nips...

I love barbs but yeah their nipping behavior makes me steer clear of them.... At least for this tank, who knows about future tanks

7. S

Ste Valued Member Member

Yes they stayed away bc the bettasr females and males will bite, but keep in mind that females sometimes fight with another too.

8. OP
    OP
    Rae_Valentine

Yes I know that =) we have plenty of Bettas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice