Betta Community Need Some Help Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by CosmicDodo42, Apr 13, 2018.

1. CosmicDodo42

CosmicDodo42 Valued Member Member

I’ve been compiling a stocking list for my 10 gallon aquarium for at least a week, and I think I’ve finally found a combination that I think will work- I just want to check here that it will.
    It has;
    1x male betta
    4x Kuhli Loach (moved from my overstocked 20 gal)
    3x harlequin rasbora(moved from my overstocked 20 gal)
    5x ghost or cherry shrimp(I haven’t made my choice yet)
    2x netrite snails
    So, will this work or result in failure? I was planning on adding them in this order:
    First, moving the Loaches to the new tank
    About three days later, the Rasboras,
    Next buying the snails, after four/five days
    Then the shrimp, a couple days later
    And a week later, the Betta
    I also plan on getting a back up tank(the same day as the snails) in case everything goes to the bad place, but I want to make sure this plan is fool-proof(at least to an extent)

2. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

Trying to have other fish with a betta in a 10 gallon has a high rate of failure. There simply isnt room for them to get away from each other. I would suggest if you can to use atleast a 20 gallon tank the success rate is much better.

3. OP
    OP
    CosmicDodo42

CosmicDodo42 Valued Member Member

Well I made sure to put in plenty of hiding places, and I know for a fact that my Loaches are incredibly good at hiding, so I’m not terribly worried, I would have gotten a larger tank, If i hadn’t already gotten a 10 gal, and fully set it up, and already started to cycle it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice