Betta Community Ideas? 10 Gallon Tank 

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I suggest a 20 gallon for a betta community because with a 10 gallon you can get away with mostly shrimp and snails (which can get boring). For example in my 20 gallon the stocking is:
- 12 Kuhli Loaches
- 3 female bettas
- 3 guppies
- 1 nitrite snail
Thats just some ideas. For a 10 gallon I think you can do your shrimp and maybe a small fish. I find kuhlis do better (and its suggested) they go in a 20 gallon.

RyanC14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CanadianFishFan said:
I suggest a 20 gallon for a betta community because with a 10 gallon you can get away with mostly shrimp and snails (which can get boring). For example in my 20 gallon the stocking is:
- 12 Kuhli Loaches
- 3 female bettas
- 3 guppies
- 1 nitrite snail
Thats just some ideas. For a 10 gallon I think you can do your shrimp and maybe a small fish. I find kuhlis do better (and its suggested) they go in a 20 gallon.
Thanks, but I just don't have the resources (my parents won't let me ) to get another 20 gallon, I may just go with a betta and shrimp, also I'm planning on just having one male, I'd rather not do a betta sorority.

RyanC14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
After thinking about it for a while I came up with this idea
1 x male koi betta
3 x male endlers
6 x pygmy cories
neocaridina shrimp

Would this work? I'm planning on heavily planting the tank if that helps. Of course, I don't have the betta yet, so his temperament may affect the possible outcome.

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Pygmy cories prefer cooler water than bettas and I wouldn't recommend keeping them in less than 20 gallons since they are so active.

Personally I wouldn't risk a betta with any other fish in a 10 gallon but there are plenty of invertebrates that could work. I keep my betta in a 15 gallon with 6 amano shrimp, 1 rabbit snail, 1 horned nerite snail and a couple of Ramshorn snails.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom