Betta Colors

mrdilling

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have a betta that used to be colorless with transparent fins. Took a pic of it with the flash on by accident and now its fins are a popping blue and she has a slight blue metallic look on her body. Has anyone else ever seen this happen?
Seriously, I thought she was albino till I took that first picture with the flash.

Attachments

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Did you get her as a baby?

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It’s likely just the iredescence you couldn’t see well without lights directly on the scales.

mrdilling

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
She was a "rescue" from Wal-Mart so I don't know her age. She was really tiny when we got her though. Ive had her 5-6 wks, she only recently got out of quarintine and added to the main tank.

Briggs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Many bettas can and do change colors over time, but it looks like she's just very iridescent.

mrdilling

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Platylover said:
It’s likely just the iredescence you couldn’t see well without lights directly on the scales.[/QUOTE
You couldn't see any color before, but now you can. With or without a light.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Platylover said:
It’s likely just the iredescence you couldn’t see well without lights directly on the scales.
yes, most cellophane bettas have that. Some like it or like me I don't want the color to change as I love how clear their fins are.

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
mrdilling said:
She was a "rescue" from Wal-Mart so I don't know her age. She was really tiny when we got her though. Ive had her 5-6 wks, she only recently got out of quarintine and added to the main tank.
It's possible you got her as a baby and she grew into her colours. Or maybe she's thriving in the new tank.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads