Betta Colors Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by mrdilling, Apr 16, 2018.

1. m

mrdilling Valued Member Member

I have a betta that used to be colorless with transparent fins. Took a pic of it with the flash on by accident and now its fins are a popping blue and she has a slight blue metallic look on her body. Has anyone else ever seen this happen?
    Seriously, I thought she was albino till I took that first picture with the flash.

Attached Files:

2. j

jaymethy Valued Member Member

Did you get her as a baby?

3. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

It’s likely just the iredescence you couldn’t see well without lights directly on the scales.

4. OP
    OP
    m

She was a "rescue" from Wal-Mart so i don't know her age. She was really tiny when we got her though. Ive had her 5-6 wks, she only recently got out of quarintine and added to the main tank.

5. Briggs

Briggs Well Known Member Member

Many bettas can and do change colors over time, but it looks like she's just very iridescent.

6. OP
    OP
    m

7. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

yes, most cellophane bettas have that. Some like it or like me i dont want the color to change as i love how clear their fins are.

8. j

jaymethy Valued Member Member

It's possible you got her as a baby and she grew into her colours. Or maybe she's thriving in the new tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice