Betta color faded?

Sokamix

I just got this betta about a week ago and he has a light yellow color I’ve never seen before. Someone on another thread said he will gain some more color and his color is just faded. I was wondering if that’s true cause he does have some blue on his Finns that have gained more color. Just wanted some more opinions. And if it’s faded how long will it take to come back?

Also, I don’t have anything in my tank that I can think of that can cut his fins but I see some tiny red/blood on his fins. Here is a picture of the blood and my tank (my tank is a work in progress)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 10

BigManAquatics

Can depend on a lot of things, could be a full on color change as well. Bettas tend to do that.

The plant up front looks like a stiffer plastic, that could do that to the fins. I prefer silk plants with bettas. A lot more give when the fins brush up on them.

Also, do you have a lid on your tank?

Sokamix

The plant up front looks like a stiffer plastic, that could do that to the fins. I prefer silk plants with bettas. A lot more give when the fins brush up on them.

Also, do you have a lid on your tank?
Ok I’ll take that out I thought it could have been that. Yes I do have a lid it’s a diy made from acrylic sheet and works like a charm

BigManAquatics

Ok I’ll take that out I thought it could have been that. Yes I do have a lid it’s a diy made from acrylic sheet and works like a charm
Ok. Just wondering since i see the waterline so low! Or maybe i just keep my tanks too full...

Sokamix

Ok. Just wondering since i see the waterline so low! Or maybe i just keep my tanks too full...
Maybe I should up that water line. But I also have some african dwarf frogs and I thought if it was lower they can get the air easier idk

BigManAquatics

Maybe I should up that water line. But I also have some african dwarf frogs and I thought if it was lower they can get the air easier idk
I would probably leave it if thats the case. Frogs are definitely not my lane!

Sokamix

I would probably leave it if thats the case. Frogs are definitely not my lane!
Yeah I’ll just research it. Thanks for your help! Is their anything I need to do to heal the cuts?

BigManAquatics

Yeah I’ll just research it. Thanks for your help! Is their anything I need to do to heal the cuts?
When i see that on my bettas, i usually go with 2-3 water changes a week for awhile instead of just the usual 1. Seems to go away fairly quick.

Sokamix

When i see that on my bettas, i usually go with 2-3 water changes a week for awhile instead of just the usual 1. Seems to go away fairly quick.
Thank you so much

Sokamix

Hello. I just found more cuts on my betta. I’m starting to think maybe my frogs are doing it….the red is kind of along the edge of the bottom of the fins. Sorry if the pics are bad it’s hard to take them

Attachments

• BB454D4F-64D9-4A2A-8366-A907BE96D2C6.jpeg
    BB454D4F-64D9-4A2A-8366-A907BE96D2C6.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 8816C46C-BE62-4F1D-AE79-FC02301C09DE.jpeg
    8816C46C-BE62-4F1D-AE79-FC02301C09DE.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2

peachsonas

Maybe if you have the space and the means, separating them might be a good idea if you think the frogs are nipping his fins. Do you have any sharp plastic or decorations or anything that might be doing it? If you can eliminate the source of his fins tearing and bleeding, then the healing process will be a lot smoother and faster.

Sokamix

Maybe if you have the space and the means, separating them might be a good idea if you think the frogs are nipping his fins. Do you have any sharp plastic or decorations or anything that might be doing it? If you can eliminate the source of his fins tearing and bleeding, then the healing process will be a lot smoother and faster.
No I don’t have anything sharp. I have all live plants, some driftwood, and some caves here is a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2

peachsonas

No I don’t have anything sharp. I have all live plants, some driftwood, and some caves here is a pic
The only other thing I could recommend is monitoring the tank to see if the frogs are doing it, or if he’s nipping his own fins. Also, I’d change the water more frequently during this time to prevent it getting any worse during this period.

Sokamix

The only other thing I could recommend is monitoring the tank to see if the frogs are doing it, or if he’s nipping his own fins. Also, I’d change the water more frequently during this time to prevent it getting any worse during this period.
Ok, yes I do do it 2 times a week

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
  • Question
Replies
Views
inari
  • Question
Replies
Views